1.19.2011

MIss Dirty Banana

      I'm going to be honest here, I don't like bananas at all. But time to time comes the "vegetarian lover" aka my best friend & bombards me, usually in a dinner or a food discussion & tells everyone: "No, she doesn't eat bananas..". After that for some strange reason I become the weird creature in the table. 

      
     Well I did my home work & did some research & I though why should I go bananas?

1) it helps for mosquito bites(rubbing the inside of the banana skin can help in the swelling & irritation)
2) Bananas contain the natural mood enhancer, tryptophan.
3) Bananas give an instant, sustained boost of energy. Eat two bananas to produce enough energy for a 90 minute workout.
4) Eat a banana to help calm nervousness, they are high in B vitamins.
5) The quickest way to get rid of a hangover is to drink a banana milkshake. Peel 2 bananas and place in blender. Add honey to taste and milk to desired consistency. The milk will help re-hydrate 
your body while the banana and honey raise blood sugar levels and sooths the stomach.
6) PMS,
The banana contains enough vitamin B6 to raise blood glucose which in turn should affect your mood.
7) If you are trying to quit smoking, the potassium, magnesium, B6 and B12 in bananas can aid in the recovery of nicotine withdrawal
8)
The banana is a natural antacid. Simply eat a banana next time you have heartburn
So should I go Bananas?




No comments:

Post a Comment